Monday, July 14, 2008

Thank you Boss!

Am i long-winded?

Long-winded: the inability to use an economy of words....

I've been churning out opinions like nobody's business for the past 3 weeks...

but today was the first time for Big K... "Alah bro... long-winded sangat..."

I've always been a believer in descriptive writing... it brings the reader into the realm of the writer... I guess it doesn't work that way in my line of work....

take this for example: "Therefore, your client's claims on the above basis are unfounded"

This is what I wrote: "Therefore, we are of the view that your client’s claims for rentals for the remaining unexpired tenancy period and all other costs and expenses arising from the premature termination including solicitors’ costs on a solicitor and client basis for the recovery of the rental(s) due and /or for seeking a new tenant is unfounded and baseless.
Furthermore, from the circumstances, it is evidently clear that your client is now attempting to renege on its contractual bargain with regards to the early termination of the Agreement."

Hmmm... I guess it was a bit too long.... :)

Well Big K did say it was alright and I should develop my style as the months pass... but I guess if you can put it in print in 3 pages, why would you need 6.

I don't know.... should I cut out on the lyrical gymnastics and keep it short? It's kind of boring isn't it?

Who am I to decide... "don't worry bro... aku punye England taklah bagus sangat... apa kau nak tambah, kau tambah..."

Thanks Boss....

3 comments:

farahlily said...

encik K yang jalan menonong ittew... yeah he likes things to be straight (tho i only worked with him for the last 3 mths of my chambering period :p)

all these partners did taught us something in the end, just like my boss, Miss K (see our boss' names rhymes? nama pun dekat2 kat letterhead tu :p ahahaha).

you take care bro :) me the crazy one is out!

Muna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muna said...

hey azmi, i was in PBD yesterday to buat passport and saw u in ur car! haha.. but i decided to not kacau u sebab i takut tak dapat siapkan my passport =p

hope work's treating u well.

i am by far The long(est)-winded writer and never fails to wonder what the heck am i doing being a lawyer as opposed to being a journalist? *sigh*